Creating a safe space

 We all have heard, talk about your feelings, talk about your feelings and we know why (so that you don't bottle them up and burst out later causing even more damage) but one perspective of openly sharing and talking about your feelings that nobody talks about is how people around you become more comfortable sharing their feelings with you.

Safe space



No seriously, I'm saying this from experience. I have been seeing one of my ex colleague talk about their feelings on Instagram very openly and I feel so safe around them because I just know that they will understand and I don't even know them very well.


That's the space you create when you choose to be vulnerable, it's scary as hell I know but your one decision and your one act of bravery can help make this world a better place where everyone feels comfortable and accepted talking about their feelings.





Comments

Popular Posts